Monday 26 January 2009

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory




After, having problems with the original placement, I have found a secure placement at a primary school where I held my after school drama club. When I ran my after school drama club I noticed that some of the children had gained confidence, from when I first met them to the final production. So, I am working towards the production of Willy Wonka and Chocolate Factory with mainly year 6's who lack confidence to prepare them for secondary school. As the play will involve a lot of characters, I have decided to include other year groups too. I feel this will strengthen the school community.
I am going to be working along side the music co-ordinater who will be doing the music side of things and I will be managing and working on the rest of the production, costume, set, dancing, acting etc... I have recently completed the Theatre, Film and Wardrobe module and I am hoping the skills and techniques I have learnt from this module will be handy for the production. I also hope I can take the exercises that were successful from my after school drama club and incorporate it when working on the production. At the moment I am currently in the process of cutting Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory script. I am so excited about this project as it will be a great experience and a lot of fun! yaaay!

No comments: